海纳百川网

[美剧] 辛普森:美国制造/O.J.Made.in.America 全集第1季第1集剧本完整版剧本 台词 字幕 笔记 中英文对照 纯英文 学英语 文本 PDF 文档 电子版 纸质版这是一个典型的现代美

[美剧] 辛普森:美国制造/O.J.Made.in.America 全集第1季第1集剧本完整版

[美剧] 辛普森:美国制造/O.J.Made.in.America 全集第1季第1集剧本完整版

[美剧] 辛普森:美国制造/O.J.Made.in.America 全集第1季第1集剧本完整版


剧本 台词 字幕 笔记 中英文对照 纯英文 学英语 文本 PDF 文档 电子版 纸质版


这是美剧一个典型的现代美国故事 — 一个关于种族、名流、辛普媒体、森美暴力以及刑事司法体系的国制传奇故事。经历过难忘的造/整版高潮之后,时隔二十年,集第季第集剧它仍然继续令人着迷,本完人们的美剧观点依然两极分化,它甚至还发展出了新的辛普篇章。

现在,森美ESPN获奖作品《30 for 30》的国制制片人将这一话题制作成了他们的首个纪录片项目,同时也是造/整版迄今最为宏大的项目。

这就是集第季第集剧由Peabody和艾美奖得主Ezra Edelman导演带来的《O.J.[展开全文]

这是一个典型的现代美国故事 — 一个关于种族、名流、本完媒体、美剧暴力以及刑事司法体系的传奇故事。经历过难忘的高潮之后,时隔二十年,它仍然继续令人着迷,人们的观点依然两极分化,它甚至还发展出了新的篇章。

现在,ESPN获奖作品《30 for 30》的制片人将这一话题制作成了他们的首个纪录片项目,同时也是迄今最为宏大的项目。

这就是由Peabody和艾美奖得主Ezra Edelman导演带来的《O.J.: Made in America》(辛普森:美国制造),2016年夏播出的十小时多层次纪录片。对大多数见证着来说,这是一个始于Nicole Brown Simpson和Ronald Goldman在她位于Brentwood 的公寓被残忍杀害的故事。但根据《辛普森:美国制造》所揭露的,真正重要的可能不只是那一晚发生的事情,还有随后的大事记。这部片子回溯过去,从一个截然不同更为早期的时间点展开 — 并非二十世纪末,而是二十世纪初,即非裔美国人开始移民加州的时候...


【剧本】:

1 As a kid growing up in the ghetto, one of the things I wanted most was not money, it was fame.

=>1作为一个在贫民区长大的孩子,我最想要的一件事不是金钱,而是名气。

I wanted to be known.

=> 我想知道。

I want the people to say, "Hey, there goes O.

=> 我想让人们说,“嘿,那里有O.

J.

=>J.

" You're approaching five years now at Lovelock.

=>“你在Lovelock已经过了五年了。

Tell us about your work assignments.

=> 告诉我们你的工作任务。

How have you occupied your time for the past five years? Uh, when I first came here, I was a porter, which comprised of cleaning things in the unit that I was in, and basically after a relatively short period of time, I started working as a gym worker.

=> 过去五年你怎么占据你的时间?呃,刚来这里的时候,我是一个搬运工,在我所在的单位里做清洁工作,基本上在相当短的一段时间后,我开始做体操工作。

I start each day, um, disinfecting, uh, the workout equipment in the gym, mopping floors with the other, uh, group of us that work in the gym.

=> 我每天开始,嗯,消毒,呃,健身房里的健身器材,用另一个拖着地板,呃,我们在健身房工作的一群人。

Uh, I've coached teams, um, uh, since I've been here.

=> 呃,我曾经训练过队伍,恩,呃,因为我来过这里。

Uh, and I like to say that we won the championship, and we were old guys, a totally mixed group of players.

=> 呃,我想说我们赢得了冠军,而我们是老年人,是一群完全混合的球员。

I didn't play, I just coached.

=> 我没有打,我只是执教。

I do see that in 1994 you were arrested at the age of 46.

=> 我确实看到你在1994年被捕了46岁。

We We're talking about this case? No, the age at first arrest.

=> 我们在谈论这种情况?不,首先被捕的年龄。

How old were you, first time you were arrested? For any reason.

=> 你几岁,第一次被捕?出于任何原因。

[Sighs] Um, I think about 46, yes.

=> [叹气]嗯,我想大约是46。

With an enrollment of approximately 16,000 students, this is the largest and oldest university of continuous existence in Southern California.

=> 这所大学拥有约16,000名学生,是南加州历史最悠久,历史最悠久的大学。

Its buildings and grounds cover 45 acres and it has graduated many thousands of men and women who are now leaders in the business and professional world.

=> 它的建筑和场地占地45英亩,毕业了成千上万的现在在商业和专业领域中处于领先地位的男性和女性。

BROWN: I didn't know that much about him.

=> 布朗:我不太了解他。

I heard about his reputation coming out of junior college.

=> 我听说他大学的声望。

He was big, fast, powerful, dynamic.

=> 他大,快,强,有活力。

You're awed, because you haven't seen that.

=> 你很惊讶,因为你没有看到。

I was teaching part-time at San Jose State and a friend of mine said, "Hey, man, you gotta go check out this little cat from, um, San Francisco.

=> 我在圣何塞州兼职教书,我的一个朋友说:“嘿,伙计,你得去看看这个旧金山的小猫。

His name is Simpson.

=> 他的名字是辛普森。

Orenthal James Simpson.

=> 奥伦塔尔詹姆斯辛普森。

" O.

=>“O.

J.

=>J.

takes the football.

=> 拿足球。

Boom.

=> 繁荣。

I think he runs about 90 yards with it for a touchdown.

=> 我认为他跑了90码左右,达阵。

He ran through 'em like foreign water through a tourist.

=> 他像个外国游客一样穿过他的旅程。

San Jose State was trying to recruit him, and I asked him, "O.

=> 圣何塞州正试图招募他,我问他:“哦。

J.

=>J.

, what is it that you're lookin' for?" Said, "I wanna be the best.

=>,你在寻找什么?“说,”我想成为最好的。

I wanna go to a school where I play against the best.

=> 我想去一所我最擅长比赛的学校。

" Superstar phenom is coming to USC and all the buzz that goes around with it.

=>“Superstar Phenom即将来到USC以及随之而来的所有嗡嗡声。

This is Marguerite Simpson.

=> 这是玛格丽特辛普森。

She and O.

=> 她和O.

J.

=>J.

have been married for five months now.

=> 已经结婚五个月了。

Right.

=> 对。

Are you happy after five months? Yes, I'm very happy.

=> 五个月后你快乐吗?是的,我很开心。

And do you like this campus and everything? I love it.

=> 你喜欢这个校园吗?我喜欢它。

It's like a resort.

=> 这就像一个度假胜地。

It's beautiful.

=> 这很漂亮。

Now, you tell us the truth, Marguerite.

=> 现在,你告诉我们,玛格丽特真相。

What kind of guy is O.

=> 什么样的人是O.

J.

=>J.

? O.

=>? O.

J.

=>J.

is very serious.

=> 非常严重。

He loves football.

=> 他喜欢足球。

And he's just a serious person.

=> 而他只是一个认真的人。

McKAY: He has a great running sense.

=> 麦凯:他的运行感很强。

Uh, as a team man, he's an outstanding person.

=> 呃,作为一个团队的人,他是一个杰出的人。

As a citizen, he is a tremendous boy and, uh, I don't think we've had a boy around here who has ever been any better.

=> 作为一个公民,他是一个巨大的男孩,呃,我认为我们周围没有一个男孩在这里变得更好。

Whoo! Get up! It was pretty obvious early on that O.

=> 喔!起床!早在那个时候就很明显了。

J.

=>J.

was a superiorathlete, special, and Coach McKay was warmer and closer with him.

=> 是一个优秀的运动员,特殊的,教练麦凯与他更加亲密。

He had never had a player of this caliber.

=> 他从来没有一个这个口径的球员。

And you didn't mess with it.

=> 而你并没有搞砸。

He protected him.

=> 他保护了他。

Johnny, would you describe that devastating Southern Cal offensive attack for us? Well, Duffy, I don't I don't know how devastating it is, but our attack is built around the, uh, tailback, O.

=> 约翰尼,你能描述一下南加州攻击我们的攻击吗?那么,达菲,我不知道它有多破坏性,但我们的攻击是围绕着,呃,tailback,O.

J.

=>J.

Simpson, running a football.

=> 辛普森,跑足球。

We think our attack will be able to let us move the ball on most people.

=> 我们认为我们的进攻将能够让我们把球移到大多数人身上。

There was no drama.

=> 没有戏剧。

John McKay was gonna give him the football, and he was gonna give it to him 35, 40 times a game and you were gonna tackle him.

=> 约翰麦凯要给他足球,他会给他35码,40场比赛,你会解决他。

And then when you missed, we were gonna score a touchdown.

=> 然后当你错过的时候,我们会得到一个达阵。

So we fed him the football, fed him the football He had incredible stamina, that he could take the ball every play and keep on going.

=> 所以我们给他足球,给他足球,他有令人难以置信的耐力,他可以每场比赛拿球,并继续前进。

Every game he did something that was eye-opening.

=> 每场比赛他做了一些令人大开眼界的事情。

You "What? Did I see that?" He was one of a kind.

=> 你“什么?我看到了吗?”他是独一无二的。

This is O.

=> 这是O.

J.

=>J.

Simpson, USC's junior halfback.

=> 辛普森,USC的小前卫。

You have been getting an awful lot of publicity lately.

=> 最近你得到了很多的宣传。

It's It's a matter of winning, I guess.

=>这是一个胜利的问题,我猜。

If you win, you get publicity, and they have to give someone in our offense and on our team publicity, and, uh, I'm just in a position to get it, running at the tailback and carrying the ball as much as I do.

=> 如果你赢了,你会得到宣传,他们必须在我们的进攻和我们队伍中宣传一个人,而且,呃,我只是有能力得到它,在最后面跑步,并且拿着球像我一样做。

O.

=> O.

J.

=>J.

, you've got an awful big game on Saturday.

=>,星期六你有一个可怕的大游戏。

It's the big intercity rivalry.

=> 这是巨大的城际竞争。

There's just all kind of pressure.

=> 这只是一种压力。

How does the pressure affect you? Well, uh, I don't know.

=> 压力如何影响你?那么,呃,我不知道。

I don't think the pressure bothers It doesn't bother me and and I think most of the team right now, it's not bothering them yet.

=> 我不认为这样的压力让我感到困扰,而且现在我认为球队中的大部分人都没有打扰他们。

I'm sure it will tomorrow.

=> 我相信明天会。

We're shooting for all the marbles this week, and, uh, I think we'll be relaxed and ready to go.

=> 我们正在拍摄这个星期所有的弹珠,呃,我想我们会放松下来,准备好走了。

USC football is not a matter of life and death.

=> USC足球不是生死攸关的问题。

It's much more important than that.

=> 这比这更重要。

Live and in color, you are looking at this view, hovering above the Memorial Coliseum which is jam packed today.

=> 生活和色彩,你看着这个景色,盘旋在纪念体育馆上面,今天挤满了果酱。

As we look at Gary Beban, a reminder that college football, a pleasant and colorful way to spend an autumn afternoon.

=> 正如我们看看加里·贝班,提醒大学橄榄球,一个愉快而多彩的方式,度过一个秋天的下午。

UCLA's quarterback was Gary Beban.

=> 加州大学洛杉矶分校的四分卫是加里·贝班。

It's gonna be his year for the Heisman Trophy.

=> 这将是海斯曼杯的一年。

So we have the upcomer running back against the established superstar quarterback.

=> 所以我们有了一个挺身而出的超级明星四分卫。

We were ranked number 4, they were ranked number 1.

=> 我们排在第四位,排名第一。

The city of Los Angeles, the two top teams in the country, and we're fighting for the national championship.

=> 洛杉矶这个国家的两支顶级球队,我们正在争夺全国冠军。

Today with 10 cameras covering this game, over 200, uh, newsmen here, 200 photographers.

=> 今天有10台摄像机报道这个游戏,200多名这边的新闻记者,200名摄影师。

There were people out here this morning at 6 o'clock trying to get in to the ballgame.

=> 今天早上6点有人在这里试图进入球赛。

And the ballgame is underway.

=> 球赛正在进行中。

I had never been to a college game ever.

=> 我从未参加过大学比赛。

And we all wanted to go see O.

=> 我们都想去看看O.

J.

=>J.

Offensively now for the Trojans, watch for number 32, O.

=> 现在在木马的进攻方面,注意32号。

J.

=>J.

Simpson.

=> 辛普森。

None of us had any tickets.

=> 我们没有任何票。

All of a sudden, we looked up and someone had cut a hole in the Coliseum fence and about 50 people ran through it, including us.

=> 突然间,我们抬起头,有人在体育馆围墙上打了一个洞,大概有50人在里面跑过,包括我们在内。

Okay, Bud, we have approximately 9 minutes remaining in the first half.

=> 好的,巴德,上半场我们还有大约9分钟的时间。

I'd never seen the Coliseum full like that.

=> 我从来没有见过像这样的体育馆。

There was just the colors, I was in awe.

=> 只有颜色,我很敬畏。

Tie ballgame, and they are in UCLA territory.

=> 领带球赛,他们在加州大学洛杉矶分校领土。

Steve Sogge.

=> Steve Sogge。

Simpson.

=> 辛普森。

There's his brilliance.

=> 这是他的辉煌。

Thirteen yards.

=> 十三码。

Touchdown.

=> 接地。

A tremendously gifted athlete, number 32, O.

=> 一位极具天赋的运动员,第32名。

J.

=>J.

Simpson.

=> 辛普森。

Everybody loved watching O.

=> 每个人都喜欢看O.

J.

=>J.

run.

=> 跑。

As we look at it in slow motion There was something about his style.

=> 当我们慢慢看它时,他的风格有些东西。

O.

=> O.

J.

=>J.

Simpson.

=> 辛普森。

I said, "Man, if I could but run half as well as this guy, I might be all right.

=> 我说:“如果我能和这个家伙跑得一半,我可能会没事的。”

" Beban hooking.

=>“贝班钩。

Deep and long to Copeland.

=> 深入并长久的谷轮。

UCLA has tied it up.

=> 加州大学洛杉矶分校把它绑起来了。

There is Nuttall.

=> 有Nuttall。

Touchdown, UCLA.

=> Touchdown,加州大学洛杉矶分校。

And with 11 minutes and 40 seconds left in the game UCLA gets the lead.

=> 在比赛还剩11分40秒时,加州大学洛杉矶分校取得领先。

We were losing.

=> 我们输了。

And we were fighting.

=> 我们正在战斗。

O.

=> O.

J.

=>J.

Simpson is deep.

=> 辛普森深刻。

Number 32.

=> 第32号。

And he's determined.

=> 而他的决心。

We were outplaying them, and we were very angry that we were not winning that game.

=> 我们没有打败他们,我们非常生气,我们没有赢得这场比赛。

Thirty.

=> 三十。

Moving away, and sheer sake of effort brings him out to the 43-yard line.

=> 走开,纯粹的努力把他带到43码线。

Things weren't going our way until that run.

=> 在这个过程之前,事情并不是这样。

Rose Bowl bid, Bud, is at stake.

=> 玫瑰碗竞标,芽,是危险的。

Everything that they've fought for all year, it's coming down to the wire now, Chris.

=> 克里斯,他们一年来所做的一切,现在已经到了电线了。

These final minutes.

=> 这些最后的分钟。

At the 36-yard line, a 4-yard gain, it'll be third down at three for the Trojans.

=> 在36码的线上,一个4码的增益,对于木马来说,它将是三分之一。

It was a pass play.

=> 这是一个传球。

They need three yards.

=> 他们需要三码。

In the audible, and some guys missed the audible.

=> 在听到,有些人错过了声音。

I couldn't hear it.

=> 我听不到它。

I made a mistake.

=> 我犯了一个错误。

I stood up to pass block.

=> 我站起来传球。

The linebacker read me and backed into his passing zone, and that opened up a lane for O.

=> 中后卫读我并回到他的传球区,并为O开辟了一条通道。

J.

=>J.

And he did his magic.

=> 他做了他的魔法。

First down and more.

=> 首先下来,更多。

There's Simpson.

=> 辛普森。

Look at that cut! O.

=> 看看那个剪辑! O.

J.

=>J.

Simpson! All she wrote.

=> 辛普森!她写的所有。

64 yards.

=> 64码。

64 thrilling, captivating, collegiate football yards, and let's look at that one again.

=> 64个惊心动魄,迷人的大学足球场,让我们再看看那个。

Wow.

=> 哇。

Don't recall seeing anybody that can turn it on like this boy, Chris.

=> 别忘了看到有人能像这个男孩一样把它打开,克里斯。

If you were a football fan in the late '60s and someone said to you, "Do you remember the run," it was just one run.

=> 如果你是六十年代后期的足球迷,有人对你说:“你记得跑步吗?”这只是一次跑步。

That set O.

=> 那套O.

J.

=>J.

apart from everyone.

=> 除了每个人。

He's so much faster, it makes no difference.

=> 他速度非常快,没有区别。

He became an instant national star.

=>他成为了即时的全国明星。

A civil rights leader in Los Angeles has said if you are going to be a negro in a big city, then, Los Angeles is the best place to be.

=> 洛杉矶的一位民权领袖曾经说过,如果你要成为一个大城市的黑人,那么洛杉矶是最好的选择。

The image of Los Angeles was milk and honey.

=> 洛杉矶的形象是牛奶和蜂蜜。

There's no prejudice in Los Angeles.

=> 在洛杉矶没有偏见。

Everybody's free to do what they will.

=> 每个人都可以自由地做自己想做的事情。

You know, palm trees and sunshine.

=> 你知道,棕榈树和阳光。

It's just the ultimate place.

=> 这只是最终的地方。

And anybody who was trying to go somewhere, at least in my area, you know, they were going to Los Angeles.

=> 而任何一个想要去某个地方的人,至少在我所在的地方,你知道他们要去洛杉矶。

There is no group in America to whom California has meant more than it has to the negroes.

=> 美国没有一个组织比加利福尼亚对黑人的意义更强。

In the two decades between 1940 and 1960, while the population of all other groups in Los Angeles went up by 100 percent, the negro population went up by 600 percent.

=> 从1940年到1960年的20年间,洛杉矶所有其他群体的人口增长了100%,黑人人口增长了600%。

Where do the people come from? People come from the states of Texas, Louisiana, Georgia The hope is that all the trouble I've known will be gone.

=> 人民从哪里来?人们来自得克萨斯州,路易斯安那州,格鲁吉亚州希望是我所知道的所有麻烦都将消失。

2, 4, 6, 8, we don't wanna integrate! I will no longer be held down by this notion held against my skin and my hair.

=> 2,4,6,8,我们不想整合!我将不再被这种对我的皮肤和头发的观念所抑制。

More literally, I can get work because it's growing so fast here.

=> 更确切地说,我可以得到工作,因为它在这里增长如此之快。

And I can buy a house, and nobody's ever gonna come take it away from me because I'm black.

=> 我可以买房子,没有人会把它从我身上拿走,因为我是黑人。

This is something that you didn't have in the deep South.

=> 这是你在南方深处所没有的东西。

The Simpsons are from Rodessa, Louisiana.

=> 辛普森一家来自路易斯安那州的罗德萨。

My parents and his parents, they grew up on a 200-acre farm.

=> 我的父母和他的父母在一个200英亩的农场长大。

Although they had land, there was no opportunity for people of color, so everybody "got out of Dodge", as they say.

=> 他们虽然拥有土地,但对于有色人种来说,却没有机会,所以每个人都像他们说的那样“走出道奇”。

O.

=> O.

J.

=>J.

and I were born in San Francisco in '47.

=> 我在47岁出生在旧金山。

He had aspirations.

=> 他有愿望。

He knew that he wanted to better his circumstances, and LA was the place to do that.

=> 他知道他想改善他的情况,而洛杉矶就是这样做的地方。

I moved out here looking for opportunities.

=> 我搬出去寻找机会。

My grandmother gave me 67 dollars for a ticket, and my mother gave me 65 dollars to spend, and I got on a plane, one-way ticket.

=> 我的祖母给了我67美元的机票,而我的母亲给了我65美元的消费,而我乘坐了一架单程机票。

If I had the money, I would've gone back home, 'cause it was very, very troubling once I got out here.

=> 如果我有钱的话,我会回家的,因为我一出门就非常麻烦。

Racism out here was as stark as it was in Jim Crow South.

=> 这里的种族主义和吉姆·克罗南(Jim Crow South)一样严峻。

You don't really have any more power out here than you had there.

=> 在这里,你真的没有比在那里更多的权力了。

Everybody was always conscious of the police.

=> 大家一直都是警察的意识。

You a friend of Jack Grant's? Why? Jack Grant a friend of yours? I'm not gonna tell ya.

=> 你是杰克·格兰特的朋友吗?为什么?杰克·格兰特是你的朋友?我不会告诉你。

I grew up watching the Los Angeles Police Department.

=> 我长大了看洛杉矶警察局。

They just were so sharp and professional all the time, if you watched things that depicted them.

=> 如果你看了描绘他们的东西,他们就一直非常敏锐和专业。

I'm Lieutenant Moore of the Los Angeles Police Department.

=> 我是洛杉矶警察局的摩尔中尉​​。

Hell, no, we won't go.

=> 地狱,不,我们不会去的。

If you do not leave now, you will be arrested for violation of section 602-J.

=> 如果你现在不走,你将因违反第602-J条而被捕。

They were just always squared away.

=> 他们只是总是摆平。

The institutional culture was really clear.

=> 体制文化是非常清楚的。

We expected you to be the best, we expected you to be professional.

=> 我们希望你是最好的,我们希望你是专业的。

It's not like it was in the '30s and '40s.

=> 这不像是在30年代和40年代。

Police officers don't take bribes.

=> 警察不收受贿赂。

There's none of that stuff, that had been cleaned up by Chief Parker.

=> 没有任何东西是由帕克首席负责人清理的。

Chief Parker turned a very corrupt police department into what was viewed as a very honest police department, but with that he brought a level of being untouchable.

=> 帕克院长把一个非常腐败的警察局变成了一个非常诚实的警察部门,但是他带来了一个不可接触的水平。

Everything at the police academy was white, in the sense of command staff, officers, all the trainers were white.

=> 在警察学院的一切都是白色的,在指挥人员的意义上,军官们都是白色的。

Bill Parker was reputed to have actually recruited police officers from the Klan rallies, I think he, at minimum, was racially insensitive, at maximum, he was racist.

=> 比尔•帕克(Bill Parker)被誉为实际上从卡兰集会招募了警察,我想他至少是种族歧视,最起码他是种族主义者。

Police officers under Bill Parker would respond to a radio call, they would go snatch the person who was causing trouble, put 'em in the car, take 'em out and leave.

=> 比尔·帕克(Bill Parker)下的警员会回应一个广播电话,他们会抢走那个正在闹事的人,把他们放在车里,把他们带出去离开。

So their interaction with the community was almost entirely based on apprehension, and that's where the notion of an occupying army comes from.

=> 所以他们与社区的互动几乎完全基于忧虑,这就是占领军的概念来自何处。

Just getting tired of being pushed around by you white people, that's all.

=> 只是厌倦了被白人推挤,就是这样。

You stoppin' us on the street, kickin' down the doors, takin' down to the police station, you're kicking our teeth in.

=> 你在大街上阻止我们,在门口蹦蹦跳跳,到警察局捣蛋,你正在踢我们的牙齿。

Well, he took me in the car and, uh, he just started getting on me.

=> 那么,他把我带上车,呃,他刚开始接近我。

I've offered to do that again and again, but you see how quick they are to come back and say, "We can't afford to have that.

=>我已经提出要一次又一次地这样做,但是你看他们回来的速度有多快,说:“我们承担不起这个。

" The negroes are stepping up, they're waking up, and they're gonna do something about what the white man did to them.

=>“黑人正在加紧,他们正在醒来,他们会对白人对他们做些什么。

I'm not afraid of bloodshed.

=> 我不怕流血。

If I have to die for my rights, I will.

=> 如果我为了我的权利而死,我会的。

54 square miles in the middle of the nation's third-largest city.

=> 在全国第三大城市中间54平方英里。

No one expected the flashpoint of discontent to be in the sprawling, bungalow'd 450 square miles of Los Angeles.

=> 没人预料到在洛杉矶450平方英里的平房里,不满情绪的爆发点。

This is when a fuse was lighted.

=> 这是当一个保险丝点燃。

It began with the arrest by white officers of two young negroes, one on a charge of drunk driving, the other his brother.

=> 首先是两名年轻黑人的白人军官,一个是酒后驾车,另一个是他的兄弟。

Their mother came to the scene.

=> 他们的母亲来到现场。

There was an argument, there was a scuffle.

=> 有一个争论,有一个混战。

By then, a crowd of several hundred negroes had gathered.

=> 到那时,数百名黑人聚集在一起。

The story of police brutality quickly spread through the community.

=> 警察暴行的故事很快就通过社区传播开来。

The Watts riots.

=> 瓦特骚乱。

I was 10 years old, man.

=> 我十岁,男人。

It was summer, it was hot, and white policemen had been treating us like shit forever.

=> 那是夏天,天气很热,白人警察一直把我们当成狗屎一样对待我们。

And we were gonna respond.

=> 我们会回应。

The police in their idiocy responded with too much force and not enough understanding, and it mushroomed.

=> 白痴中的警察反应过于强大,理解力不足,而且如雨后春笋般涌现。

I was nervous.

=> 我很紧张。

There were people screaming, people shooting, people lying on the ground, not moving.

=> 有人在尖叫,人们开枪,人们躺在地上,不动。

The police, four-deep in a car, all holding up shotguns.

=> 警方四人深陷车内,全都拿着猎枪。

The Watts riot was one of the first major events in the city of LA that was caught on TV.

=> 瓦茨骚乱是洛杉矶首次在电视上被捕的重大事件之一。

People who grew up looking at those kinds of activities in the South, they thought that's where all of the racial divide was.

=> 长大了看南方这类活动的人,他们认为这就是所有的种族鸿沟。

The only thing was missing in LA, there weren't dogs.

=> 洛杉矶唯一缺少的东西就是没有狗。

Hands up there.

=> 举起手来。

Get 'em up.

=> 让他们起来吧

Get your hands up.

=> 举起你的手。

Let's go.

=> 我们走吧。

I got home and my father was sitting there, upset, and he says, "You know, Walter, they're out there, riot.

=> 我回到家,父亲坐在那里,心烦意乱,他说:“你知道,沃尔特,他们在外面,骚乱。

" And he says, "I wanna do that.

=>“他说,”我想这样做。

I feel that.

=> 我觉得。

I feel that anger.

=> 我感到愤怒。

I know it's wrong, so I can't do it.

=> 我知道这是错的,所以我做不到。

But I want to.

=> 但是我要。

" I didn't think it was a big deal.

=>“我不认为这是一个大问题。

I didn't think these people were, quote, "persecuted".

=> 我不认为这些人被引用,“受到迫害”。

I didn't think these people had any problem.

=> 我不认为这些人有任何问题。

Why were they rioting? I was as naïve as any other white person.

=> 他们为什么暴动?我和其他白人一样天真无邪。

This area is being closed.

=> 该地区正在关闭。

Please go in your homes.

=> 请进你的家。

The question came down from white people after Watts.

=> 瓦茨之后,这个问题来自白人。

They said, "Do most black people feel like this?" And the answer came back, "About 99 percent of them feel like this.

=> 他们说:“大多数黑人是这样的吗?”答案回来了,“大约百分之九十九觉得这样。

And one percent are really mad.

=> 还有百分之一的人真的很生气

" In creating this situation, where was the failure? On the part of the city, the county, the schools? This, sir, I think, is one of the difficulties in meeting this, is that we're trying to find a failure other than the people themselves.

=>“在创造这种情况时,失败的地方在哪里?在城市,县和学校方面呢?我认为,这是我们遇到的困难之一,是我们试图找到失败除了人们自己。

They came in and and flooded a community that wasn't prepared to meet them.

=> 他们进来,淹没了一个不准备迎接他们的社区。

We didn't ask these people to come here.

=> 我们没有要求这些人来这里。

So long as this stubborn attitude is maintained, I can only see the situation worsening.

=> 只要这种顽固的态度得以维持,我只能看到局势的恶化。

I can still smell the smoulderings of that event.

=> 我仍然可以闻到那件事的诡辩。

There was nervousness all over the place that would ultimately translate into traumatizing an entire community.

=> 整个地方都有些紧张,最终会转化为对整个社区的伤害。

Better to make all the rioting stop.

=> 更好地使所有的骚乱停止。

I don't think it'll ever stop, really.

=> 我不认为它会永远停止,真的。

Ever? And the institution that gave life to O.

=> 自从?而给了O的生命的机构。

J.

=>J.

Simpson's image and presence nationally and beyond was located right in the middle of that very same neighborhood.

=> 辛普森的形象和国内外的存在就位于同一个地区的中间。

USC was an isolated, beautiful school right next to the LA Coliseum and on the other side were the slums of LA.

=> 南加州大学是一个孤立的,美丽的学校旁边的洛杉矶体育馆,另一边是洛杉矶的贫民窟。

Basically Watts.

=> 基本上瓦特。

Everyone was warned not to go down on that side of the Coliseum.

=> 每个人都被警告不要在体育馆那边下山。

At the University of Southern California, they have a living legend, and at homecoming, that's all they wanna talk about.

=> 在南加州大学,他们有一个活生生的传奇,回国后,这就是他们想谈的一切。

The name of the legend is O.

=> 图例的名称是O.

J.

=>J.

Simpson.

=> 辛普森。

When you saw him on campus, it was like, "Wow! There's O.

=> 当你在校园里看到他的时候,就像是,“哇!有O.

J.

=>J.

!" And you might go up and wave and say, "Way to go, O.

=>!“你可能会上去挥手,说:”要走了,O.

J.

=>J.

," and he'd give you a big smile, and you felt like you were a million dollars.

=>,“他会给你一个大大的微笑,你觉得你是一百万美元。

You felt fantastic.

=> 你感觉太棒了。

"O.

=> “O.

J.

=>J.

Simpson said "hi" to me!" [Chuckles] Yeah.

=> 辛普森对我说“嗨”![笑]是的。

Hey, O.

=> 嘿,O.

J.

=>J.

, how are ya? How's it ? Working hard.

=>, 你好吗?怎么样?努力工作。

I hope you're gonna be smiling Saturday.

=> 我希望你周六能微笑。

I plan to.

=>我打算。

For most of the USC students, I wager, O.

=> 对于大多数USC学生,我打赌,O.

J.

=>J.

Simpson was the first African-American they really got to see and talk to.

=> 辛普森是第一个真正看到和交谈的非洲裔美国人。

Because most of them didn't know African-Americans at all, or any person of color.

=> 因为他们中的大多数根本不认识非裔美国人,或者任何有色人种。

We are! SC! We are! SC! USC was a football school, it was a Hollywood school, it was glamour and glitz, it was not the University of California at Berkeley.

=> 我们是! SC!我们是! SC!南加州大学是一所足球学校,这是一所好莱坞学校,它的魅力和浮华,并不是加州大学伯克利分校。

It was not San Jose State.

=> 这不是圣何塞州。

Fight, fight, fight, fight! It was above and beyond reach of the movement.

=> 打架,打架,打架,打架!这超出了运动的范围。

O.

=> O.

J.

=>J.

went to USC in 1967, so he's plucked out of the black community, out of black consciousness, and he's submerged in an all-white university.

=> 1967年去了南加州大学,所以他被从黑人意识中拔出黑人社区,被淹没在一所全白的大学里。

And I say this, and I don't say it facetiously, but he is seduced by white society.

=> 我这样说,我不这么说,但却被白社会所诱惑。

USC controls TV, Hollywood, banking, finance, law and medicine in Los Angeles.

=> USC控制洛杉矶的电视,好莱坞,银行,金融,法律和医药。

The alumni are very powerful, and their whole existence revolves around the success of the football team.

=> 校友们非常强大,他们的整个存在都围绕着足球队的成功。

And O.

=> 和O.

J.

=>J.

is leading them to glory.

=> 带领他们走向辉煌。

It was that type of school with that type of power and control that could be directed towards him.

=> 那种类型的权力和控制权的学校可以指向他。

The black man has been brainwashed, and it's time for him to learn something about himself.

=> 黑人已经被洗脑了,是时候让他学习一些关于自己的事情了。

The word "black" is a part of the times.

=> “黑色”这个词是时代的一部分。

We are succumbing to the demands of the black man in the street who says that the negro is dead and the black man is alive.

=> 我们屈服于街上黑人的要求,说黑人已死,黑人还活着。

It was a condition that I was born into; the unfairness, the racism, the hatred, the poverty that we had in this country.

=> 这是我出生的一个条件。我们在这个国家的不公平,种族主义,仇恨,贫穷。

You can't balance that with being a football hero.

=> 作为一名足球英雄,你无法平衡这一点。

In the '60s, societal issues were pushing their way into sports.

=> 在六十年代,社会问题正在推进体育运动。

It has been said that I have two alternatives, either go to jail or go to the army.

=> 有人说,我有两个选择,要么进监狱,要么去军队。

There was this engagement of the athlete.

=> 有这个运动员的参与。

Some major athletes stood up.

=> 一些主要运动员站了起来。

Nine top negro athletes meet with Cassius Clay to discuss his anti-draft stand.

=> 九名黑人运动员与卡西乌斯·克莱(Cassius Clay)会面,讨论他的反选秀权。

They include Bill Russell, Lou Alcindor, and former pro-footballer Jimmy Brown.

=> 他们包括比尔·罗素,卢·阿尔辛多和前职业球员吉米·布朗。

Every man in that room was a soldier.

=> 那个房间里的每个人都是一个士兵。

Every man in that room, for nothing other than his beliefs and backing another brother, felt that he should be there and the hell with the consequences.

=> 在那个房间里的每一个人,除了他的信仰和支持另外一个兄弟之外,都觉得自己应该在那里,并且在后果之中。

Jim Brown, Bill Russell, Ali, for sure, were race men.

=> 吉姆布朗,比尔罗素,阿里肯定是比赛的人。

They stood up for principle and damaged their commercial possibilities.

=> 他们坚持原则,破坏了商业的可能性。

They pointed to the discrimination, not only of all blacks, but of black athletes, of people who were supposedly given entitlement in America.

=> 他们指出,不仅对所有黑人,而且对黑人运动员,对在美国应享有权利的人的歧视。

At the time you were supposed to be satisfied.

=> 当时你应该感到满意。

Or grateful.

=> 或者感激。

Why would someone that's making money and cheered by 80,000 people be complaining? For me, it was really a matter of fairness and what is correct.

=> 为什么会有人为8万人赚钱和喝彩而抱怨呢?对我来说,这确实是一个公平的问题,什么是正确的。

The United States has hypocritically put itself up as the leader of the free world, while right here in this country there are 22 million black people who are catching more hell than anyone in any communist country ever dreamed of.

=> 美国虚伪地把自己当作自由世界的领导者,而在这个国家里,有2200万黑人比任何共产主义国家都梦寐以求的人更加地狱。

Black men and women athletes, professional and amateur, have unanimously voted to fully endorse and participate in a boycott of the World Olympic Games in 1968.

=> 黑人男子和女子运动员,专业和业余,一致投票完全支持和参加1968年的世界奥运抵制。

The movement on the West Coast recently in which Lou Alcindor supposedly said he might not play in the Olympics.

=> 最近在西海岸的运动,Lou Alcindor据说说他可能不会参加奥运会。

What are your thoughts? Well, um Well, this is his prerogative.

=> 你怎么看?那么,恩,这是他的特权。

I'm not too well enlightened on the situation.

=> 我对这种情况不太了解。

I don't know exactly what they're trying to do, you know.

=> 你知道,我不确切知道他们想做什么。

The whole idea behind the Olympic Project for Human Rights was to escalate the relationship between elite athletes and the civil rights movement.

=> 奥运“人权”背后的理念是提升精英运动员与维权运动的关系。

Let me say that I absolutely support this boycott.

=> 让我说,我绝对支持这种抵制。

I would also like to commend the outstanding athletes who have the courage to make it clear that they will not participate unless something is done about these terrible evils and injustices.

=> 我还要赞扬那些有勇气的优秀运动员,除非有人对这些可怕的罪恶和不公正做出了贡献,否则他们不会参加。

O.

=> O.

J.

=>J.

was approached because he was the biggest name in collegiate athletics at that time.

=> 被接近,因为他当时是大学体育界最大的名字。

He was also a world record-holding track star.

=> 他也是世界纪录保持轨道的明星。

That's O.

=> 这么。

J.

=>J.

Simpson So here we got two for one.

=> 辛普森所以在这里我们得到了两个一个。

I'm O.

=>我是O.

J.

=>J.

" What they think is right, I guess, they must follow their beliefs.

=>“我想他们认为是对的,他们必须遵循他们的信仰。

Well, uh, right now I don't wanna be involved in it, because, uh, I'm not in track.

=> 恩,呃,现在我不想介入,因为,呃,我没有跟踪。

You know, I'm running track, but when it when it comes to Olympic time, I'll be in football, so I have no comment on the matter.

=> 你知道,我正在跑步,但是当涉及到奥运时,我将会踢足球,所以我对此没有任何评论。

O.

=> O.

J.

=>J.

was saying, "I want to be judged not by the color of my skin, I want to be judged by the content of my character and.

=> 他说:“我不想被皮肤的颜色所判断,我想以我的性格和内容来判断。

Most of all, the caliber of my competence.

=> 最重要的是,我的能力素质。

I think I'm the greatest football player that this country's ever seen.

=> 我认为我是这个国家所见过的最伟大的足球运动员。

That's all I wanna be judged by.

=> 这就是我想要评判的。

Don't tell me I've gotta do this because I'm black.

=> 不要告诉我,我必须这样做,因为我是黑人。

" I think football is a great sport.

=>“我认为足球是一项伟大的运动。

It teaches a person an awful lot.

=> 它教会一个人非常多。

I would say there's less prejudice in sports than any other field anywhere, because, uh, it just you're accepted as what you are, you know, an athlete and what you can do, and I think this is good for anyone.

=> 我想说的是,比起其他任何一个领域,在运动上都不会有什么偏见,因为呃,只是你被接受为运动员,你可以做什么,我认为这对任何人都是有益的。

Simpson rushed for 1709 yards in 1968, more than any other back in history.

=> 辛普森在1968年冲了1709码,比历史上的其他任何一回都要多。

His durability is almost as legendary as his speed and moves.

=> 他的耐力几乎和他的速度和动作一样传奇。

Simpson scored 22 touchdowns.

=> 辛普森拿下了22个达阵。

He carried a record 355 times and proved himself nearly indestructible.

=> 他创下了355次的纪录,证明自己几乎坚不可摧。

He was in a different world than the rest of us.

=> 他和我们其他人在一个不同的世界。

There was an O.

=> 有一个O.

J.

=>J.

cult.

=> 崇拜。

It was building, building, building.

=> 这是建筑,建筑,建筑。

When you bring a student athlete in there on a visit, they wanna see O.

=> 当你带着一名学生运动员到访时,他们希望看到O.

J.

=>J.

The community leaders, for speaking engagements, they wanted O.

=> 社区领袖,为了演讲,他们想要O.

J.

=>J.

They wanted a role model.

=> 他们想要一个榜样。

They wanted the young black kids to see.

=> 他们希望年轻的黑人孩子看到。

When I was 16 years old, I made an all-star team down in Los Angeles and they had a banquet, and while we were eating, the guy who was running the whole show, he says, "Okay, I wanna introduce the guest speaker tonight, O.

=> 当我16岁的时候,我在洛杉矶做了一个全明星队,他们有一个宴会,当我们吃东西的时候,那个正在整个演出的人,他说:“好的,我想介绍一下客人演讲者今晚

J.

=>J.

Simpson.

=> 辛普森。

" And I was like, "Wow!" I said, "O.

=>“我就这样说,”哇!“我说,”哦。

J.

=>J.

's here.

=>在这儿。

This is unbelievable.

=> 太不可思议了。

" O.

=>“O.

J.

=>J.

, when he walked up, he said, "First of all, before I start, is Ron Shipp here?" I put my hand up.

=>当他走上前,他说:“首先,在我开始之前,罗恩·希普在这里?我举起手来。

I was like, "Is this ? Is this for real?" And he goes, "Are you the brother of Michael Shipp?" And I say, "Yes.

=> 我就像是“这是吗?这是真的吗?”他说:“你是迈克尔·西普的兄弟吗?我说,“是的。

" And he goes, "Hey, everybody, I just wanna tell you about, uh, Michael Shipp, his brother, we played against each other, he's a great guy, so on and so, Ron, if you're anything like your brother, you know " and, like, he made me an instant hero in that room.

=>“他说:”嗨,大家好,我只是想告诉你,呃,他的兄弟Michael Shipp,我们互相交手,他是个好人,等等,Ron,如果你喜欢你兄弟,你知道的“,就像他在那个房间里让我成为一个即时英雄。

I mean, I fell in love with the guy right then.

=> 我的意思是,当时我爱上了那个男人。

This is the most incredible human being.

=> 这是最难以置信的人类。

Here is the star of our show, Bob Hope.

=> 这是我们节目的明星鲍勃霍普。

I don't have to tell you it's a pleasure to be here at OJU.

=> 我不必告诉你,在OJU这里很高兴。

But it's wonderful to be here at USC.

=> 但在南加州大学来这里真是太好了。

You haven't had a riot, a demonstration or even a sit in.

=> 你没有暴动,示威,甚至坐下来。

Are you sure this is a college? I have some very sad news for all of you.

=> 你确定这是一所大学?我对你们都有一些非常可悲的消息。

Martin Luther King was shot and was killed tonight in Memphis.

=> 马丁路德金被枪杀,今晚在孟菲斯遇害。

I tried to talk to O.

=> 我试图跟O说话。

J.

=>J.

before the show, but I guess he has something on his mind.

=> 在演出之前,但我想他有他的想法。

He kept referring to me as Mr.

=> 他一直把我称为先生

Heisman.

=> 海斯曼。

RFK, RFK, RFK! Pigs, pigs, pigs, pigs! O.

=> RFK,RFK,RFK!猪,猪,猪,猪! O.

J.

=>J.

, you've had quite a season.

=>,你已经有一个赛季了。

Well, I have gained a few yards.

=> 那么,我已经获得了几码。

A few yards? You've gobbled up more real estate than Howard Hughes.

=> 几码?你比霍华德休斯吞噬了更多的房地产。

When you think of 1968, what do you think of? 1968, I think of winning all the games, getting O.

=> 当你想到1968年,你怎么看? 1968年,我想赢得所有的比赛,得到O.

J.

=>J.

famous, everybody on campus thinking it's the greatest thing on earth.

=> 大家都认为这是地球上最伟大的事物。

That's all we thought about.

=> 这就是我们所想的。

There was nothing else going on.

=> 没有其他事情了。

Several European newspapers today condemned the International Olympic Committee for sending home two militant negro athletes from the United States.

=> 欧洲几家报纸今天谴责国际奥委会派遣两名来自美国的黑人运动员。

The two, Tommie Smith and John Carlos, who ran first and third in the 200-meter dash, were banished after they raised clenched fists in black gloves during the playing of The Star Spangled Banner.

=> 两人,在200米短跑中第一名和第三名的汤米·史密斯和约翰·卡洛斯在“星条旗”(The Star Spangled Banner)播放期间,用黑色手套紧握拳头,被放逐。

Uh, with your bad self! Say it loud! I'm black, and I'm proud! I didn't believe in the national anthem, but I stood up anyway, because I didn't want no static, but those days are gone.

=> 呃,你的坏的自我!大声说出来!我是黑人,我很自豪!我不相信国歌,但我反正站了起来,因为我不想要静止,但是那些日子已经过去了。

Right on.

=> 正确的。

Yeah! Say it loud! I'm black, and I'm proud! At about, uh, 10 o'clock this morning, we were notified that, uh, a Heisman Trophy winner comes back to USC and, as you all know, it's O.

=>是啊!大声说出来!我是黑人,我很自豪!今天早上10点左右,我们被告知,呃,一位海斯曼奖杯得主回到USC,众所周知,这是O.

J.

=>J.

Simpson.

=> 辛普森。

[Applause] Thank you.

=> [掌声]谢谢。

Well, I I don't know quite what to say.

=> 那么,我不知道该说些什么。

I'm, uh, certainly proud, and I'm very happy, and I'm I'm taking it as a team award and all the other guys did as much if not more than I do, for me to get the award, and I'll be glad to see all the guys, 'cause I know they're just as happy as I am.

=> 我非常自豪,我很高兴,而且我是作为一个团队获得的奖项,其他所有人都做得如此之多,只要我不做,我就能获得这个奖项。 ,我很高兴看到所有的人,因为我知道他们和我一样开心。

As you can see, the Heisman Trophy award ceremony is over, and O.

=> 正如你所看到的,海斯曼奖杯颁奖仪式已经结束了。

J.

=>J.

Simpson, number 32, the University of Southern California, has been beset by autograph hounds.

=> 辛普森,南加州大学32号,一直受到追悼犬的困扰。

Mrs.

=> 太太。

Simpson, I wonder if you'd be good enough to come over.

=> 辛普森,我想知道你是否足够好过来。

Your tears only registered your pride, and it's a very great pride, and you should enjoy it, because this is a very great young man.

=> 你的眼泪只能记录你的骄傲,这是一个非常伟大的骄傲,你应该享受它,因为这是一个非常伟大的年轻人。

O.

=> O.

J.

=>J.

, the congratulations of all of us to you for a truly remarkable season and more importantly for your impeccable character.

=>,我们大家对你们的祝贺是一个非常了不起的赛季,更重要的是你们无可挑剔的品格。

Thank you, Mr.

=> 谢谢你,先生

Cosell.

=> Cosell。

So that's the story.

=> 这就是故事。

The Heisman award proceedings, number 32, O.

=> Heisman奖励程序,第32号,O.

J.

=>J.

Simpson.

=> 辛普森。

Perhaps the greatest running back in the history of college football.

=> 也许是大学足球史上最伟大的跑垒。

When I met him, I was quite taken with him.

=> 当我遇到他的时候,我完全被他带走了。

This is kind of a warm June night in 1969.

=> 这是1969年的一个温暖的六月夜。

Howard Cosell took O.

=> 霍华德·科塞尔接过O.

J.

=>J.

and me to Bachelors III, which was Joe Namath's bar.

=> 还有我到了Joe Namath的酒吧Bachelors III。

He was telling a story about being at a teammate's wedding with his wife sitting at a table of mostly, as he said, negroes, and you overheard a white woman at the next table saying, "Look, there's O.

=> 他讲述了一个故事,他的妻子坐在一张桌子旁,他的妻子坐在一个队友的婚礼上,正如他所说,黑人,而你听到旁边一个桌子上的白人女子说:“看,有O.

J.

=>J.

sitting with all those niggers.

=> 和所有黑奴坐在一起。

" And I remember in my naiveté, saying to O.

=>“我记得天真的时候,对O说。

J.

=>J.

, "Gee, wow, that must have been terrible for you.

=>“哎呀,哇,这对你来说一定是可怕的。

" "No, that was great.

=>“”不,那太好了。

Don't you understand? She knew that I wasn't black.

=> 你不明白吗?她知道我不是黑人。

She saw me as O.

=> 她把我看成是O.

J.

=>J.

" And And really, at that moment, um, I thought he was fucked.

=>“而且真的,那一刻呢,呃,我以为他被操了。

Our first guest today is one of the greatest running backs I've ever seen.

=> 我们今天的第一个客人是我见过的最伟大的跑步之一。

I met him when he was still in college at Southern California, and he's not only a hell of a football player, he's a hell of a guy.

访客,请您发表评论:

网站分类
热门文章
友情链接

© 2024. sitemap